Friday, April 1, 2016

Where's My Kool-Aid?








Every night when I go to bed, I pray I will wake up a Democrat.  It must be so nice. To not have to think about things at all, but just accept the wisdom of the elders and Rachel Maddow and snuggle into the comfort and security of knowing you are always right about everything, and thus will going to Heaven someday.

I try so hard to be one, but it just doesn't work for me. Each morning when I wake up, there are still the doubts. And it's true for so many of my dear friends, too, who insist on questioning, always questioning, and actually seeing the other side of things. I tell myself, "Shut up, brain!" But dammit, those pesky questions keep nagging at me.

Take Hillary Clinton. Is she really any more "presidential" than Donald Trump? Doesn't she lie and obfuscate just like all the rest of them? What about all those past scandals? And the new ones too? And all her rich friends? And if pictures are any indication, isn't she more than a little nuts?

There I go again. ("Shut up, brain!") Hillary is fine, she'll be a wonderful president, really. Now, where's my Kool-Aid?








No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...