Wednesday, April 6, 2016

It Takes Two to Tango

"What was your name again?"
Over the course of my life I have taken tap, ballet, ballroom, modern jazz, African and line dancing classes. I've enjoyed piano, painting, yoga, spinning, swimming, water aerobics, step aerobics and pilates lessons. I currently attend a weekly tai-chi class and work out with a personal trainer for an hour, three times a week. Looking back, I can say I got a lot out of each experience.  So when recently a friend invited me to a five-week session of Argentine Tango lessons here in Portland, I said yes.

Last week, when the first class rolled around, I was miserably sick so I missed it. Now the second class is coming up and I've got another excuse, certainly a 100% valid one, yet easily enough I could likely figure something out and attend the class. But somewhere down deep I realized this: It takes two to tango, and I'm only one. (My husband can't commit as he is almost always out of town on that night.)

The flyer says "No partner necessary, singles are welcome." Well, thank you for that, but I'm not sure I want to learn how to "feel more relaxed, sexier, and less depressed" while I help "increase testosterone levels" in a complete stranger. But then, that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...