Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Earth is So Played

I am so done with Earth. 

If another planet that could support human life 
were discovered 
I would go in a heartbeat, 
although I do hate long flights. 
But maybe by the time it is discovered, interplanetary travel will happen 
in the blink of an eye. 

Of course I will likely be dead by then so it's stupid to count on. 
Anyway, I could just bring a lot of sedatives 
and a stack of old crossword puzzles 
from the New York Times.
If there still is a New York Times by then. 

I would miss some things about Earth, certainly, 
but if the new place 
had its own strange things to interest me 
I'd be fine. 

Still, some things we have here are hard to top, like:
trees, flowers, clouds
the ocean
vegetables and coffee.

I would happily leave behind all of these:
cats lying dead on the side of the road,
dogs in parked cars in summer,
restaurants,
thunderstorms,
insects,
racism,
prescription drugs,
advertising,
doctors,
lawyers,
All-You-Can-Eat salad bars,
trashy bestsellers
and cell phones.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Big in Hong Kong

Rainy day in Hong Kong I have never been to Hong Kong, nor have I ever wanted to go. It seems very crowded, at least from all the photos I&#...