Thursday, January 15, 2015

Another Kind of Terrorism

Despite the potential peril to my psyche, which grows ever more sensitive daily, I always check my spam folder to see if something legitimate ended up in there. Today I found one missive from a person whose name I did not recognize, and with the subject line, "Bald patient is fucking his nude nurse." Naturally I did not click.

Still, it got me wondering why someone would send such a thing. Just how did they come up with it? Is a bald patient somehow more intriguing than one with hair, and thus guaranteed to garner more interest? And why is the nurse nude? If it had simply said, "Patient is fucking his nurse," would there be a lot less interest or just a little less? If I had clicked on that link, what good thing would have happened for the sender?

Even though I always ignore them, spammers intrigue me. How many are there, and what do they want from us?  Add them to the terrorists -- the Islamist kind and that other kind Obama cares about instead -- and it's a wonder we aren't all cowering in a corner most of the time. (I know I am.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...