Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Do Something Different Every Day



For most of my professional life I worked as a graphic designer. I spent my days fretting over what typeface, what color, how big, and all that other blah, blah, blah regarding printed materials. As a newspaper art director I chose the photos for the front page, and the colors and fonts and yada, yada. See I can't even take the time to write about it now, since I see it all as nonsense, having made the career switch to writing. I did that in 1997 the day Erma Bombeck died--she left a hole-- and since then I have not even noticed whether something is serif or sans, Bodoni or Helvetica, red or yellow. It's the words that count.

Still, it's fun to play around with things, like my hair which I cut and color with abandon, and my furniture which I move around in a funk. Having run out of things to alter, I decided to change the look of this blog just to see if it matters one whit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...